“As a company we are committed to a process of continual improvement in our performance in the areas of recycling, the reduction in waste, and minimising pollution. We accept that as suppliers of a finished (print) product and advisors to clients who produce large volumes of printed paper matter, we have a responsibility for recognising and improving our overall environmental performance and, where possible, that of our clients in the prevention of pollution and reduction of waste. Through our actions our employees are aware of their personal responsibility in reducing our impact on the environment. We will support our clients in reduction of their environmental impact through the use of recycled and traceable products when requested. Our suppliers are requested to provide a copy of their environmental policy where available. We undertake to review our environmental objectives in order to meet and improve on where possible, any relevant environmental legislation.”
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We actively minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products.
- We reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.